Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tis The Season

Hoover Dam it's been a while. Well, I have no excuse, just been lazy as all get out. But something donned on me today, the nice hot sun beaming down on me, the guy selling nuts and VHS tapes on the corner (yes, actual VHS tapes, and they looked like they were straight from his nubs entertainment center), the site of ladies walking around sporting their favorite sundresses, ahhhhh tis the season of summer.

Now, I'm a fan of all the seasons, they all bring something special to the proverbial table. Fall has football season with it's absurd amount of grilled and fried num nums, october baseball and the Sox filling me with joy or breaking my heart like so many times before, Halloween, my second favorite holiday, and Thanksgiving, the perfect excuse to get completely housed by noon because you took a sip of wine everytime you basted the bird, and might I add, I have one juicy bird (that sounds perverted in some weird way so I apologize for any mental images that may be portrayed).

Winter has Christmas, leaving for work in the dark and coming home from work in the dark, the depression brought on by the aforementioned travels in the dark, the failed hope that is brought on by the area weather persons when they call for a "Major Snow Event" and gets the whole area in a fricken panick thus causing all toilet paper, milk, bread, and eggs to be completely sold out in every store because the numbnuts actually believe the weather persons that this will be the storm that snows people for weeks. Thanks, now I can't have that awesome plate of french toast and then go to the Fortress of Solitude because all of the necessary items are completely sold out. Maybe winter's not all that great. Although without Winter, we wouldn't have the pleasure of A Charlie Brown Christmas, and we wouldn't be graced with the melodic sounds of Kayde singing the Hark The Herald Angel Singing (see previous blog entry). And is there anything better than a homemade chili or stew on an ass cold January day? Yeah, probably alot of things better, but they are pretty good.

Spring hopes eternal, or some shit like that huh? Well, actually spring kinda sucks nowadays for personal reasons, so Spring can piss off for now.

This all leads me back to Summer, mmmmm.....Summer!!!! The smell of fresh cut grass, and charcoal from the grill warming up. Actually getting home and the sun still being up, vacations, and my favorite holiday, the 4th of July. I'm pretty patriotic, but I also like to blow stuff up!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment